Facebook now has more than 50 million brand Pages and 10 million apps, according to a mandatory annual report filed by the company on Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Facebook reported 42 million brand Pages and nine million apps last April, an increase of eight million Pages and one million apps in eight months. 10 million apps across the Facebook platform include those on Facebook itself, and all other third-party websites and mobile applications that allow Facebook integration (like user login to other services using one’s Facebook account).
Facebook has only counted Pages with 10 or more Likes.
The Form 10-K report submitted by Facebook also details some other familiar, but updated, platform statistics. As of the end of 2012, Facebook has;
- 1.06 billion monthly active users, up from 845 million as of the end of 2011
- 618 million daily active users, up from 483 million as of the end of 2011
- 680 million monthly active users on mobile, up from 432 million as of the end of 2011
- 150 billion friend connections
- 350 million photos are uploaded each day