Over 15,000 attendees are expected to descend upon the Expo Centre in Karachi, Pakistan for the Momentum startup conference and exhibition in February.
Taking place February 19 – 20, Momentum will consist of some 300 startups, over 50 speakers, 50 exhibitors, some 24 investors, and representatives from 20 incubators.
Momentum is a global startup community designed to educate, inspire and connect Pakistani entrepreneurs who work on innovative and disruptive technologies to create the knowledge economy to drive Pakistan’s growth over the coming decade.
Founded by Syed Amir Jafri, the main aim of the event is to help startups to get all the required resources to create a successful startup.
For the conference, the leading incubation centers and accelerators will be bringing their best startups to the event from all over Pakistan, while companies such as IBM, Enclude, Microsoft and Acumen are also strategic partner of this ECO system.
Momentum is the first ever aggregated platform of startups, mentors and advisors , incubators and accelerators, academics, Mobile network operators, financial institutions, technology companies and investors in Pakistan.
It is a platform for entrepreneurs who are at the core of the ‘Eco System Leadership,’ and to get them started in the Pakistani Startup scene.
No matter its location, a startup usually faces a financial crunch in its early stages. To help them in their endeavor, this initiative will provide eligible startups with major ‘Eco System Feeders’ which have components providing certain free and discounted services to reduce their financial burden to allow a startup economy to succeed.
This year’s speakers include:
- Jehan Ara, President at Pakistan Software Houses Association
- Dr. Sara Saeed Khurram, CEO at Sehat Kahani
- Nadia Patel Gangjee, Founder and CEO at Sheops
- Yusuf Hussain, CEO at Ignite
- Umar Saif, CIO Government of Punjab
- Bilal Athar, Founder at Wifigen
- Badar Khushnood, Co-founder at Bramerz
- Junaid Malik, CEO at Slide
- Raza Matin, Business Consultant at Google Pakistan
- Nauman Sikandar Mirza, CEO at Foodpanda
- Shahmeer Amir, CEO at Veilux
And many, many more.
Registration for those wishing to attend is still open.