ATECH, the Caribbean’s first tech conference, is still accepting applications for its third annual Startup Competition in Aruba until September 30 while the event takes place October 26 — 28.
The ATECH Conference has become the meeting place in the Caribbean for entrepreneurial and creative minds where startup founders, investors, innovative companies, and industry stakeholders from different parts of the world come together to exchange knowledge and ideas.
For those wishing to apply to the Startup Competition, ATECH Co-founder Varelie Croes said, “We are looking for great founders, early stage (preferably pre-Series A), and those startups you believe could (a) add value to and (b) benefit from the Caribbean tech ecosystem.”
Twelve startups will be invited to Aruba to compete in the competition. One winner will be named, and there will be $20K in prizes.
Those attending the conference can expect to share experiences and insights from keynote speakers, learn practical tips and tricks during the breakout sessions, network with fellow tech enthusiasts during a number of side events at the Startup Expo, and watch the latest trends in tech come alive when startups pitch live on stage during the Demo Pitch Competition.
This year’s speakers include:
- Justin Halsall, Developer Advocate at IBM.
- Melissa Gonzalez, CEO of The Lionesque Group.
- John Henry, Managing Partner at Harlem Capital Partners.
- Kelcey Gosserand, Co-founder at Trellis.
- Valerie Vallenduuk, Co-founder at Haarlemvalley Capital.
- Adam Smiley Poswolsky, Millennial Workplace Expert.
- Diederik Kemmerling, Managing Partner at The Lab Agency.
- And more.
Other highlights include:
- Over 500 local and international attendees from over 30 countries: North- and South America, Europe, and the Caribbean.
- Meet startups and startup founders displaying and pitching the latest technologies.
- Connect with directors, CEOs, investors, industry leaders, and influencers.
Travel and accommodation will be covered if selected. Applications are due September 30.