New iPad now accounts for 5% of iPad market

March 19, 2012


facebook icon facebook icon

The new iPad now accounts for almost 5% of the iPad family web traffic share just days after being released. The new iPad was released in 10 countries in total on Friday March 16.

Apple’s third-generation iPad accounted for 4.7% of iPad traffic in the United States over the last 12 hours. The iPad original and iPad 2 accounted for the remaining 95.3%, obviously.

The iPad first went on sale on April 3, 2010, followed by the iPad 2 one year later on March 11, 2011. The new iPad began shipping three days ago – its main revolution being its resolution at twice the pixel density of its predecessor.

Hourly statistics from Chitika show that the new iPad captured as much as 5.5% overall iPad traffic share in the early hours of this morning.

The new iPad will be released to a further 25 countries on March 23, this Friday.


facebook icon facebook icon

Albizu Garcia

Albizu Garcia is the Co-Founder and CEO of Gain -- a marketing technology company that automates the social media and content publishing workflow for agencies and social media managers, their clients and anyone working in teams.


Sociable's Podcast