YouTube Ireland tells us how to create a successful video ad
When YouTube redesigned its site in 2011 it didn’t just move come pixels and add some color, YouTube repositioned itself as a social and brand friendly platform, facilitating the way many brands and marketers were increasingly using the site.
YouTube Ireland’s Sales Manager, David Graham, says 2011 especially was been a breakout year for video advertising; “ has been a fantastic year for online video advertising. Advertisers are increasingly taking advantage of the social nature of online video by creating ads that are likely to be shared, liked and commented on.”
So, with the release of “Cosmic Panda” (as the redevelopment was codenamed) YouTube made it easier for users to share videos they like over multiple social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Google+, and allowed advertisers to promote their content to the right audiences.
But how can you use YouTube as a platform to advertise your products, services, and brands?
YouTube Ireland has this advice for users of all sizes who are looking to use YouTube to promote their company,
1. Tell a story – The best way to get your message across is to get the audience interested. Adding a narrative to your advertising can capture the attention of your audience.
2. Engage the Community – Be part of the conversation. Enable comments on the channel and videos and engage users through platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
3. Create original content – Create the type of content that has proven to be successful online — think humorous music videos, short-form series, and kittens.
4. Promote your videos – Consider paid media options. Trueview In-stream, In-search, In-display and In-slate and YouTube masthead promotion can be an effective way to start getting views.
5. Be Clear and concise – Have a clear and accurate title, meaningful description, and good keyword tags so the audience can find you through search.
6. Make it interactive – One of the best things about the web is that often viewers aren’t just passively watching the content but can participate in it, combining the best of technology and creativity.