Winners of the 2012 Social Media Awards announced
From a packed Round Room in Dubin’s Mansion House tonight, attended by over 400 individuals, Vodafone Ireland takes home the grand prize at the second annual Bord Gáis Energy Social Media Awards. Vodafone Ireland also won the award for best non-broadcast video/video campaign and best customer care using social media.
Rick O’Shea guided tonight’s proceedings, stopping briefly to make way for Colm O’Regan’s @irishmammies comedy sketch at half-time. Other winners in prominent categories included the National Lottery, awarded best Facebook Page for a business (non-campaign), Blacknight who won best blog of a business and Spin 1038 who won best Twitter account with regard to marketing and sales efforts.
For more you can read Piers Scott’s live commentary on the night, scroll through tweets of the ceremony as it happened and as edited by myself, or read everybody else’s Twitter maundering here. The complete list of winners is below, whittled down from this larger list of finalists.
- Facebook Page for a business (Non-campaign) – National Lottery
- Facebook Page for a business (Owner managed) – Spin 1038
- Facebook Page for non-profit/organisation – Cork Opera House
- Integrated Facebook campaign (Page, app and ads) – Lidl Ireland
- Video/Video campaign (Non-broadcast) – Vodafone Ireland
- Blog of a business – Blacknight
- Best business Twitter account (Marketing, sales) – Spin 1038
- Best business Twitter account (Support, CRM) – Irish Rail and Eircom
- Best business Twitter campaign – Buyers Broker
- Best use of social media in an election – Labour Party campaign
- Best use of social media for a sponsorship campaign – O2 Ireland
- Innovative use of social media – Brando Digital
- Customer care using social media (Integrated) – Vodafone Ireland
- Use of social media by State body – Fáilte Ireland
- Integrated social media campaign – Electric Ireland
- Social media effectiveness – Lidl Ireland
- Online PR campaign – OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory
- Best mobile app (Marketing) – CarZone.ie
- Agency of the year – WHPR/Ogilvy
Grand Prix – Vodafone Ireland