The White House have released this iconic image of US President Barack Obama’s dinner with technology business leaders last night in Woodside California. The aim of the gathering is said to promote technological innovation as a means to increase employment and boost the US economy.
The image is also the only approved image of Apple CEO Steve Jobs after his announcement last month that he would be taking an indeterminate leave of absence on medical grounds.
President Obama is depicted centre-stage with fourteen leaders in their own right seated clockwise as follows:
- Barack Obama, President of the United States
- Steve Jobs, chairman and CEO of Apple
- Steve Westly, managing partner and founder of Westly Group
- Marissa Mayer, vice-president of consumer products at Google
- Eric Schmidt, chairman and CEO of Google
- Art Levinson, chairman and former CEO of Genentech
- John Chambers, CEO and chairman of Cisco Systems
- John Doerr, partner in Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (hosting the event)
- Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO of Oracle
- Reed Hastings, CEO of NetFlix
- John Hennessy, president at Stanford University
- Carol Bartz, president and CEO of Yahoo!
- Dick Costolo, CEO of Twitter
- an unidentified person
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook