Espacio announces launch of Colombia-focused tech publication, DobleClic, in Spanish
Adding to its ever-growing list of media publications, the Espacio media incubator announces the launch of DobleClic — a Spanish-language news publication covering the world of tech.
Led by editor Sergio Ramos and focusing primarily on the Colombian tech scene, DobleClic will offer readers the latest news in the industry, the best innovations, and highlight the work of startups throughout Colombia and the rest of South America.
“The tech scene in Colombia is going through a crucial moment,” said Ramos. “With new regulations on the horizon for operators within the country and newly proposed taxes by the current administration, users are paying attention to what changes may come with the newly elected government.
The tech industry is beginning a new era in which its global economic impact is becoming more and more important with each passing day. Companies are continuously relying on important advances in IoT, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence, among other trends. This has opened the doors for big innovations and the birth of new startups with the potential to transform the future.
This ever-evolving industry will be followed closely by the team at DobleClic, which is located out of Colombia where the team can give readers an up-close look at the tech industry in the growing Andean market. The staff will be closely following the country’s tech advances and the most promising startups. They’ll also provide insight into regulatory issues and those of tariffs, which is information that is a lot of times looked over by other outlets that focus too much on foreign tech advances.
“Here we’ll be on top of telling stories firsthand to detail of all these changes that affect us directly as users,” added Ramos.
This new launch from Espacio Media Incubator makes up part of a series of projects within the incubator that aims to improve communication and generate growth among new businesses in Latin America and the world.
Espacio is the parent company of The Sociable, and over the past nine months Espacio has launched and acquired several news publications including:
- Mi Dinero, a publication in Spanish dedicated to covering cryptocurrencies, blockchain technologies, and the fintech world.
- AppleManía, covering Apple news for Latin America.
- CeroLag, a Spanish-language publication dedicated to the gaming community and everything that has to do with video games.
- The Bitcoin Mag, a magazine website reporting and commenting on the world of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and fintech.
- Novobrief, the English-language voice for Spain’s startup ecosystem.
- Hibiscus & Nomada, a travel blog with stunning photos.
- Peru Reports, Peru’s leading news publication in the English language.
- The Bogotá Post online, one of the most widely-read English newspapers in Colombia.
- En Serie, an online publication focused on keeping up with the latest films, series, and everything related to the exciting world of visual entertainment.
- Portugal Startups, a media publication in English dedicated to startup and entrepreneurial news in Portugal.
- The Tech Panda, a Bangalore-based media publication dedicated to startup and tech news in India.
- ActitudFem, a Spanish-language publication created by women, for women.
- Argentina Reports, aims to be the leading news publication in Argentina in English.