Media incubator Espacio announces the launch of Argentina Reports. Argentina Reports is an up-and-coming English language news source for Argentina.
Already syndicated on Google News and other platforms, Argentina Reports was launched in February 2018 and is led by Frances Jenner. Jenner has lived in England, Vietnam, and Spain, and since moving to South America has fallen in love with the people, culture, and food, and assures that she isn’t moving away anytime soon.
“Our aim for the publication is to provide accurate, up-to-date and unbiased information about Argentina, one of the most varied and fascinating countries in Latin America,” Jenner said in a statement.
“It’s a hyper-diverse country with a myriad of different landscapes, people and cultures, and we hope to convey this in our work,” she added.
Argentina has hit international headlines recently after its controversial loan from the IMF, as well as inciting widespread controversy by cancelling a friendly match with Israel due to human rights concerns.
As well as playing in the World Cup, this month will also see a historic vote on the legalization of abortion.
“Argentina is on the cusp of social and economic changes that could see the country experiencing major changes in the next year,” said the Argentina Reports editor.
“Providing news on these exciting advancements in English will allow a wider international community to stay up-to-date with Argentina’s stories,” Jenner added.
This new launch is part of a series of projects that the Espacio media incubator is working on, with the aim of promoting communication and content generation, entrepreneurship, acceleration, and the growth of new companies in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Espacio is the parent company of The Sociable, and over the past eight months Espacio has launched and acquired several news publications including:
- Mi Dinero, a publication in Spanish dedicated to covering cryptocurrencies, blockchain technologies, and the fintech world.
- AppleManía, covering Apple news for Latin America.
- CeroLag, a Spanish-language publication dedicated to the gaming community and everything that has to do with video games.
- The Bitcoin Mag, a magazine website reporting and commenting on the world of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and fintech.
- Novobrief, the English-language voice for Spain’s startup ecosystem.
- Hibiscus & Nomada, a travel blog with stunning photos.
- Peru Reports, Peru’s leading news publication in the English language.
- The Bogotá Post online, one of the most widely-read English newspapers in Colombia.
- En Serie, an online publication focused on keeping up with the latest films, series, and everything related to the exciting world of visual entertainment.
- Portugal Startups, a media publication in English dedicated to startup and entrepreneurial news in Portugal.
- The Tech Panda, a Bangalore-based media publication dedicated to startup and tech news in India.
- ActitudFem, a Spanish-language publication created by women, for women.
Espacio is an incubator founded in 2013 by Conrad Egusa and Eddie Arrieta. Its mission is to add value to both the media and the public relations industries.