Insolar Launches Official Testnet with Industry-Leading 10,000+ Transactions Per Second Throughput
Enterprise blockchain platform Insolar is thrilled to announce the official launch of its testnet, which will validate its position as the world’s fastest enterprise blockchain platform, by an order of magnitude, with minimum speeds of 10,000 transactions per second.
Insolar’s testnet comes less than two months after the company was announced to the public. Its impressive speed is the result of a revolutionary architecture that assigns different roles to nodes and distributes storage and processing tasks efficiently among them.
“Insolar’s testnet launch is a major milestone in our aggressive development timeline,” says Insolar CEO Andrey Zhulin. “Our testnet is robust, supports multiple node roles, and will prove one of our most exciting tech innovations, linear scalability, whereby each new node increases performance proportionally.”
Beyond speed, Insolar’s unique architecture strengthens security, decreases costs, and gives companies the ability to process transactions longer than one block and large documents on-chain rather than off-chain.
Insolar Node Architecture Overview
- Insolar divides nodes into two groups: Virtual nodes (carrying out processing and validation) and Storage nodes.
- Among Storage nodes, there are two divisions: Heavy Material nodes and Light Material nodes. Heavy Material nodes store partial copies of the entire ledger (partial for increased security) while Light Material nodes store recent history and are used for traffic within the network.
- Virtual nodes handle computing and transactions, but unlike other blockchain platforms, these tasks are not handled simultaneously. Instead, each smart contract is delegated to a single node. In this category, there are also Validator nodes, which approve transactions, and Pulsar nodes, which generate randomness every 1-10 seconds to prevent node collusion.
- The Insolar protocol applies numerous consensus algorithms, based primarily on BFT (Byzantine Fault Tolerance), but offers robust scalability.
- The Insolar testnet will include multiple node roles, including Virtual, Pulsar, and Storage, to mirror upcoming mainnet performance.
Disclosure: This article includes a client of an ESPACIO portfolio company