LATAM.tech by Espacio launches for startup and tech news on Latin America
“Above all LATAM.tech will be a dedication to the countries’ entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial spirit.”
With select articles already being syndicated on The Next Web, LATAM.tech was born in August of 2017, but the official announcement was made today.
After having lived in Germany, England, New Zealand and India, LATAM.tech editor Arjun Harindranath will be covering a gamut of topics with his team, ranging from cryptocurrency and tourism to mobile-taxi apps and sustainable products, all from their base in Medellín, Colombia: Latin America’s newest center of innovation.
“Above all LATAM.tech will be a dedication to the countries’ entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial spirit,” said Harindranath, adding, “it’s going to be a place where their talent and energy can be showcased on to the world at large.”
China’s influence on the continent will also be a crucial storyline, particularly as strains appear on the quest for natural resources. The exploitation of lithium reserves in countries like Chile, Argentina and Bolivia will be likely another important narrative that will dominate the coming years on the continent.
“Latin America has a wealth of narratives to be watching out for in the near future, including how political turbulence will affect the private and trade sector,” said Harindranath.
Brazil is one such example that, despite political discord, will be aiming to lead Latin America as one of the the world’s largest economies in a continent that still lags behind technologically.
LATAM.tech is now syndicated via Google News and other platforms and is expected to grow in size as more Latin American entrepreneurs take their rightful place in the global market.
Espacio’s launch of LATAM.tech is one of many that has enabled the media incubator to grow significantly over the last couple of years. Espacio is also the parent company of The Sociable.
Over the past year Espacio has launched and acquired numerous news publications including:
- Brazil Reports, an English language news source for Brazil.
- Tech in DC, an online magazine covering innovation, policy, and economics.
- Mi Dinero, a publication in Spanish dedicated to covering cryptocurrencies, blockchain technologies, and the fintech world.
- AppleManía, covering Apple news for Latin America.
- CeroLag, a Spanish-language publication dedicated to the gaming community and everything that has to do with video games.
- The Bitcoin Mag, a magazine website reporting and commenting on the world of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and fintech.
- Novobrief, the English-language voice for Spain’s startup ecosystem.
- Hibiscus & Nomada, a travel blog with stunning photos.
- Peru Reports, Peru’s leading news publication in the English language.
- The Bogotá Post online, one of the most widely-read English newspapers in Colombia.
- En Serie, an online publication focused on keeping up with the latest films, series, and everything related to the exciting world of visual entertainment.
- Portugal Startups, a media publication in English dedicated to startup and entrepreneurial news in Portugal.
- The Tech Panda, a Bangalore-based media publication dedicated to startup and tech news in India.
- ActitudFem, a Spanish-language publication created by women, for women.
- Argentina Reports, aims to be the leading news publication in Argentina in English.
- DobleClic, a Spanish-language news publication covering the world of tech.